Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sakura in Osaka Castle

Now is sakura season so it is time to tell some sakura stories. On 30th of March, I visited Osaka Castle. I did some finding how to get there and also asked the receptionist of how to get there when I left home. First need to take a train from Higobashi to Hommachi station in order to change to Chuo Line. In Homachi station, I will take train to Morinomiya station. When I reached Morinomiya station, I just need to walk to Osaka castle.
Osaka castle is surrounded by Osaka Castle Park. It is a nice garden, full of sakura trees during this season.
Main tower is the Osaka castle.

Once stepped into Osaka castle park and saw this scenary and I was so excited to see so many sakura trees !! :)

Gloomy weather as it rained whole day so picture also gloomy

Special sakura trees

Something interesting to share, just before I entered into the Osaka Castle. I saw a place called ' wedding hall' . Out of curiousity, I visited this place too. I happened to witness a traditional Japanese wedding. Those Japanese friends I know in Japan so far did not follow the traditional Japanese wedding, they married and tour in overseas. Traditional custom Japanese wedding is very costly, need to spend a big junk of money in the wedding, it costs like an apartment cost in Malaysia. Young generation is moving towards a trend not to have such traditional wedding. I believe the photos I have taken is just one part of the ceremony. I saw many people take photos then I just followed other tourists . hehe


Traditional wedding Kimono is in white colour , it means ' Pure'.
Ok, let's continue my sightseetingin Osaka castle

This is one of the main gate into Osaka castle. This is the 'Sakura Gate.

Old Museum building

Here is the view of Osaka castle from far.
Osaka Castle (大坂城・大阪城, Ōsaka-jō?) is a Japanese castle in Chūō-ku, Osaka, Japan. Originally called Ozakajo, it is one of Japan's most famous castles, and played a major role in the unification of Japan during the sixteenth century of the Azuchi-Momoyama period. Osaka Castle is situated on a plot of land roughly one kilometer square. It is built on two raised platforms of landfill supported by sheer walls of cut rock, each overlooking a moat. The central castle building is five stories on the outside and eight stories on the inside, and built atop a tall stone foundation to protect its occupants from sword-bearing attackers.



Paid 600 Yen entrance yees then here I come !!!!!!! keep taking the stair care, floor by floor..I am not a person who knows how to appreciate history so i just walked and looking around and finally I reached the top floor to view the scenary.


After leaving the main Osaka Castle main building, I just wondered around, found the garden below
I did not enter , just saw it from outside. I was too tired to walk after few hours walking in the park.
There are many many sakura trees inside. Might be nice to go at night, think they light up the tree.

Just before I left, I thought I must visit the Plum garden. This is the plum garden. hehe short short trees.

No comments: