Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Nara Trip

Talked so much about food, now is time to tell a different story . Let me share some pictures of my trip to Nara during winter times. I have planned on this trip based on weather forecast, I was hoping to see snowing in Nara. Got very light snow and rain while I was there. I took a train (Kinteksu line) at Namba station to Nara, Nara is the last stop so I wont' miss it. It is about 45 minute from Namba to Nara. My Sydney colleague shared some tips with me before I planned this trip like which train to take, which tourist information centre to go. When I reached Nara station, I went to the tourist information centre. They offered me an English speaking guide ! Amazing right ? It is FOC !! The lady is from YMCA Nara to promote history of Nara.

Kasuga Taisha Shrine


Japanese Sho jiu ( alcohol)

Shrine , Shrine is always painted in Orange colour.



Buddha's nostril , kids love to go through it. Then Po pi po pi, Kuai Gao Zhang ta ( grow up well)


Biggest wooden Buddha in Japan inside Todaji temple


Todaji Temple


Japanese Garden




Nara is full of deers everywhere. Deer is considered 'God' in Nara. It was believed that the deer bring the founder of Nara to this place. Those who know me, I am scare of dog and cat in Malaysia, in Nara I am afraid of those deers.

No comments: