Thursday, April 10, 2008

Customer meeting in Kyoto

On Wednesday 9 of April, I went to customer site to attend an Executive Meeting. Customer is a large electronic manufacturer and office is in Kyoto. It was my first time to visit customer site and usually they will come to my office for meeting. Something which I felt impressive was that, when we first entered the meeting room, the first slide projected is the seating. Who is suppose to sit where is projected. hehehe very interesting. I could see that on the customer table, they have a few sheets of paper of the seating also, I think in a way they feel that they will be able to address to the right person or know the person name when they need to comment or direct the point to you in a meeting. I think is a polite approach. Anyhow, we did not follow the seating plan because the translator need to sit near to me and another top boss because both of us cannot understand Japanese so every presentation in Japanese by the client need to be translated.

After the meeting, I was walking along the street with many sakura trees back to the train station. Kyoto is full of sakura trees , very nice scenary. I plan to go this Sunday with mum probably if we can still see sakura.




No comments: