Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Kyoto - Traditional city in Japan

After Nara, Let me share with you of my trip to Kyoto. Kyoto trip is more interesting as I went with a group of friends. I went with my Malaysia colleague and my Japanese colleague's family. Japanese colleague's Iiyama san brought us around in Kyoto in his car with his family. I had great times in Kyoto, sight seeing and also enjoyed his family company. I took train (JR line) from Osaka station to Nagaokakyo station in Kyoto then Iiyama san met us in the station.
This is the Nagaokakyo station in Kyoto. My client Pasononic office is just in front of this station.

After I arrived at the station, Iiyama san came to fetch me and my Malaysia colleague. I met 2 new friends in the picture. Iiyama san 's wife and cute son.

First stop , we are heading to Kiyomizudera ( a famous temple in Kyoto). This place is famous to see sakura . I might go again since now April is Sakura season.



Geisha portrait. You can pay 300-400 Rm to turn yourself into a Geisha. They will make up for you and let you wear the costume then you can walk around taking picture in the tourist spot.



Kyoto souvenirs

Kiyomizudera, which translates as the "Temple of Pure Water," is a popular temple with young people who come to pray for success in finding a suitable partner at a Shinto shrine set inside the complex. Built in 798 and set in an historic hillside location, the temple is a Kyoto landmark and must-see for most visitors. The main hall is set on a huge wooden terrace which commands a good view of the city and the pleasant temple grounds and pagoda.





Many people queuing to drink the holy water

This is a 'Love Stone' . There are 2 stones in a parallel line. If you close your eyes and you can touch the stone at one end then walking to the other end and touch the other stone, it is believed that you will find your true love in life. haha dont' ask me, I did not try.


Second stop is Kinkakuji.'It is probably Kyoto's most famous and certainly most photographed temple garden. The three-story Chinese Zen-influenced Golden Pavilion has delicately curving roofs and the walls and eaves of the second and third stories are covered with fine gold leaf. On a clear day the villa is reflected in the mirror pond which lies in front of the building. The present structure, dating back to 1955, is a copy of the original built in 1397 by shogun Ashikaga Yoshimitsu.



With new friends Chieko and Yuusei

So happen is a sunny day, so you see the gold temple shinning in gold colour.

Little Yuusei with the Thomas train I gave him as a present. He love it so much that he carried it with him everywhere at every moment.

Lunch in Kyoto, I have soba noodle set with Tofu.

No comments: