Sunday, April 6, 2008

Gym in Osaka

I finally started joining a gym in Osaka. I did some surveys in a few gyms around office and I joined Oasis gym near the office. It is a 30 days trial package , cost 8400 yen = 280 RM. The other gym I found has 1 time trial of 2650 yen = 86 RM. So my 30 days trial looks like a good bargain.

Gym in Japan is definately more expensive than Malaysia. I paid 109 RM for one month access, including weekday and weekend. Here in Japan , only weekday package is 315 RM, weekend is 210 RM, if you want anytime may be cost 400-500 RM. For a start, I joined a trial package first.

The gym offers some special service , they provide you T-shirt, short, towel, shoes , swimwears. So basically you can just go to gym witihout carrying anything after work. My trial package included this and the weekday package also included this service. I think this is one of the attraction strategy by the gym. And yes , how I came to know about this gym ? Through the tissue i got in the train station. Everyday walking out from the train station, most of the time there will be free tissue given by some companies trying to advertise their products, etc.

Some of you who know I am a 'Body combat ' fans, hehe ... sure I join the combat class in the gym here. It is a wholenew experience. I think they call it 'Fighting' class in my gym. The music track which I have never heard before, steps are almost the same like front kick, back kick, punch, round kick, upper cut. But they have more steps involved , not easy to follow.


Everyone in the gym is so familiar with the steps because the same track they practised for 3 months then only change track. haha... I also cannot understand instructor's instruction in Japanese. I only know the counting ..... inchi , ni , san , shi , go , roku, nana !! Just learnt one word , 'Sei no' , something means get ready... so instructor always use this phrase. As a result of this, I am always slower than others, I need to see what others do then I follow.
On Saturday, I realised there is new track played in the class. Some of the track I listened before in Malaysia combat class, but same track different steps in my gym in Japan. More steps but i think lower impact. In Penang class, I used to see people can sweat like falling into a pool and instructor never gives u long break in between , is not something I see in the class here.


The instructor can't tell I am not japanese also ... hehe.. .I don't know but many japanese told me I look like Japanese . Would like to make some friends in the gym but quite difficult, should quickly learn and focus more in my japanese language learning. By the way, there is one guy , i think he is body combat fans also, look like ' Wong Hei' , the hong kong film star in the class. On a second thought, may be is not he look like Wong Hei . It is Wong hei has small eyes look like Japanese . hahaha

No photo for this article .I don't know can take photo in the gym or not, but definately not in the changing room :P

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I just moved to Osaka and was just wondering where this gym is in the city From Simon (New Zealand)

Li Mei 's first blog said...

Hi Simon,

Sorry for my late reply.
This Oasis gym I joined before is in Nishi Umeda, I can't recall the exact name. However, if you would lke to join a more international standard one, you can check out Hilton hotel in Osaka. there is one gym there having Lesmil programs there too.

cheers,
Li Mei

Amber said...

Jogging is the best excise for health. I like your inters for excise.Home Gyms equipment also use full.