Friday, May 16, 2008

Special coffee

You might think what special coffee that I have tried in Japan ...... Oh No you might be wrong ! Not what special Japanese coffee, not blue mountain coffeee neither Ipoh famous white coffee nor Penang 'Kopi Oh' hehe.

Yesterday , I drank a very special coffee as in it is ' special' to me. As you know I am a non alcohol, non caffeine drinker but I drank a litte coffee yesterday because it was a special coffee. How special ? haha

My customer served me coffee in my office yesterday hehehe.. I was surprised and also felt a little touched. hehe. I had a very long meeting yesterday from morning 9 till it finished at 9 at night. 12 hours with about 20 min lunch in between. This type of meeting was not first time but second time. I dislike this type of long meeting which I felt was not productive and it just drained me after that.

At around 7 something, I already felt so hungry but our discussion was still going on about next week Executive meeting. I started lossing my focus. I was listening to my colleague who tried to translate customer request to me. Then while we were talking, my customers said they were going to get coffee. My office has a free drink machine. They then came back with 4 cups of coffee. One for me and one for my colleague. I was so impressed hahaha ! I told my customer , thank you very much and the fact that you are our guest and I am the host. He said something but in Japanese , I didn't really understand but I could guess he felt it was nothing about guess or host. haha.

If it happened in other place, may be not special to me. But in Japan, customer is everything. Customer is very much respected and well honoured. I felt so honoured for the coffee being served. I am thinking may be a good relationship has been built and mutual respect has been gained. May be something I have achieved during this current project in Japan, so definately is worth to note this as part of my good memories.

No comments: