Sunday, May 11, 2008

I bought Yukata!

I finally bought a Yukata today. To celebrate my blog 's 2 months anniversary, I got myself a Yukata. Besides my blog, this Yukata is my souvenir from Japan !
What is Yukata ? (浴衣, Yukata) is a Japanese summer garment. People wearing yukata are a common sight at fireworks displays, bon-odori festivals, and other summer events. The yukata is a casual form of kimono that is also frequently worn after bathing at traditional Japanese inns. Though their use is not limited to after-bath wear, yukata literally means bath(ing) clothes.
Gigi asked me to quickly open the yukata when I showed her online. I have opened it hehe but I didn't know how to fold it back this way now hahaha....The cloth is very long and the sleeve got 2 holes , hehehe I wonder how to wear hehe..
I read the manual but I am not sure how to wear the yukata with the Obi( the belt tied into ribbon). I will spend some time to learn how to wear it and I might need my Japanese friend help to wear this properly :P
I don't think I can afford investing in a nice kimono, so Yukata is something I can afford and try wearing it for fun :P
This Yukata is a sales item. My Japanese friend told me there is a trend to wear yukata, the design or floral designs need to suit the season. So once it is off the season, it will be on sales. I will wear this in Malaysia so I don't care about the season as long as I like the colour and design. I have shopped for some times before I got this Yukata and Obi which matches the Yukata. I want a nice design with cheaper price since I don't even know if I know how to wear and when and where to wear it. Gigi said get a cheap one to try first, if I like then can buy more expensive one. haha we also joked that, may be I will only have a nice Kimono if I got myself a Japanese husband hahahaha...

No comments: