Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy meal on Happy day

Today (May 14th) is a happy day for me. Not my birthday though ! hehe may be some of you might know why or I will be telling you in person later. Since is a happy day, therefore, I had my happy meal, my favourite shabu shabu !!!


This time I requested less fat pork. I realised they gave me extra vegetables , less quantity of pork and also less fat meat. hehe but I realised this request came with extra charge


This is a new dish I thought of trying. I didnt' know it turned out to be like this. Green pea soup with Man ( Man tou in chinese ) Inside the man there is buta niku (minched pork). The chef came to explain to me, the man is made from some root then inside got minched pork. I still coudn't imagine. I just asked , is that Oiishi ( delicious ) ? hehe he said yes then i ordered. Come to think of it, may be silly question ahahah. but then sometimes, I was told may be you might not like it as a foreigner so I will not order or may be I still do when I feel like I want to be adventurous.


After dinner, I walked passed Dojima bakery. Most of the time,I sure drop by to see. I love bread ! I can tell you Nihon Pan (Japanese bread) is the best !! Each time I see bakery I sure will step in to see. I noticed this cake last time as its outlook caught my attention and I think it is telling me to eat it haha but I never eat. Today, I felt I should order. It is covered with white chocolate outside, inside is some strawberry mouse, coconut base.


Side way to let you see the inner layers ! I couldnt' finish as I was very full. I took away the other half. I met a young girl who speaks English well, in fact she asked me if I want to eat inside the cafe. Otherwise, I would have packed it straight away. Learnt a new word 'Omochi kaeri' = take away ! This is the spelling the guy in the cafe gave me. My japanese friends, please correct me if my pronunciation is not right. haha another thing I would like to find out, why Omochi kaeri followed by Onegaisimas but not kudasai ?

Today dinner seems heavy, tomorrow night I will eat simple and healthy organic dinner haha ! Need to balance my diet !!

No comments: