Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Exercise 'RPM'


Yesterday, I tried a new exercise 'RPM" in the gym. My good friend just joined the gym and she has interest in RPM. I accompanied her to try one class..... and it turned to be I quite like it too as I feel it burns lots of calories. This month gym schdule has reduced one combat class, so I found a new subsitute now ! :D

RPM is another Lesmils program. It is a 50-minute indoor cycling class based on outdoor riding. You ride to inspirational music over the equivalent of 20-25 kilometres of varied terrain, controlling the intensity of your workout with a resistance dial and pedal speed.

  • Increase your cardiovascular fitness, burn fat and tone and shape your legs, hips, and butt


  • Increase leg strength and muscular endurance without building bulk


  • Burn up to 600 calories in a normal 50-minute structure (RPM™ has been proven to burn up to 800 calories in one hour)

2 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

I know. This was the one that made me couldn't walk for a week! It was tedious and I was damn unfit to follow that class!

Li Mei 's first blog said...

wah... a week... ? Did you continue after that ? I joined the gym 3 years but I never try this activity till my friend asked me to accompany her. All this while, I heard , need very good stamina else will faint in the class. haha Luckily , didn't faint but didnt do well either...ahhhahaa