Monday, December 29, 2008

My Kit Kat Collection

'Have a break, have a kit kat !' I guess most of us is familiar with this Kit kat's slogan. I used to remember this slogan although I hardly eat Kit Kat. Not a Junkfood nor chocolate lover. I will not purposely go and buy Kit Kat in Malaysia. hahaha BUT ...............


Original Kit Kat


I became a Kit Kat collector in Japan !!!! I saw that there are many different types of Kit Kat in Japan. Lot of varieties ! Each time, I saw a new product, I will buy and took picture. Every season, I can get different types of Kit Kat from AM PM convenient store . It took me sometimes to gather all my Kit Kat pictures, sharing with you collection of Kit Kat eaten throughout my stay in Japan.

Pudding flavour

Caramel Mocha flavour

Red tea flavour

White chocolate flavour


Watermelon flavour eheheh ( actually is very funny taste)


Black sugar flavour

Strawberry flavour


Blueberry flavour


Green tea flavour ( this is one of my favourite !) haha some of you know , watashi wa Macha Ice cream ga Dai suki desu!)


White chocolate ( I forgot what is the difference from the previous one but this is latest release of white chocolate flavour)


Mango flavour but in not in bar type ! it is like mango ball !



Red Bean flavour . When I bought this in Spring time , I am not sure what is this as it doesn't have picture which will indicate flavour. I brought back and asked my friend next cubicle what is this and gave him half of it . I don't really like red bean ( Azuki ) for the reason , it is too sweet. I like red bean but not too sweet. Nihon no azuki wa totemo amai desu ! Azuki in Japan is very very sweet .

Kyoto Limited Edition found in Kansai Airport . Macha flavour

Hahaha you might be thinking, I ate so much kit kat for the sake of blogging ? kekeke, I just find those kit kat pretty interesting ! Different time , different season , there are different kit kat ! Life is so interesting in Japan ! Even Kit kat there are also many types !! Small small little thing like even ' Kit Kat' explained why I was so fascinated by Japan!

6 comments:

Yoshiteru said...

Hi Lime-san,
I visit and enjoy this blog. Do you know why there are many variations of Kit-Kat in Japan? Actually, some Japanese high school students who want to enter university think Kit-Kat as a bringer of good-luck. The reason why is that "Kit-Kat" is similar to Japanese "Kitto Katsu" (Must win = must pass an entrance exam.). So we can saw all Kit Kat Ad train in January which is Japanese entrance exams season.

Li Mei 's first blog said...

HI Teru,
Thank you very much for being my blog frequent reader. You are my blog great supporter ! I am aware that you frequently visit my site:) as I monitor the traffic in my blog.
Thanks for sharing the interesting knowledge of Kit kat ! Now I know that Kit Kat is a lucky charm !
If I happen to go back to Japan, I will continue to expand my collection of Kit kat !
Happy New year to you !

Regards,
Li Mei

Yunn said...

I missed green tea kit kat!! The very first time I had green tea kit kat was in Hong Kong. Our client offered us the green tea kit kat and on the wrapping, it was written in Japanese. I was trying to look for green tea kit kat around in Asia, especially in HK, where they have stocked up so many imported goods from Japan, but with no luck!!

Li Mei 's first blog said...

hi Yunn,

Thanks for dropping by my site. Are you from Hong Kong ? At first , I I thought you are my friend as I have a friend called Sze Yunn. Nice meeting you through the blog.
Green tea flavour is not sold in all season too. Not sure , perhaps can get it in Japan airport. I love green tea flavour too ! In Malaysia, we have only the original type.

Kumiko Tsuda said...

Hi Li Mei!
You have such an interesting blog! I love it!

I just wanted to let you know that you can actually order your own Kit Kat box designed by you! From this site, http://www.chocollabo.com/

The inside's probably the regular Kit Kat, and most unfortunately they can't deliver abroad. But as a Kit Kat collector as you are, I thought I'd let you know.

Kumiko

Li Mei 's first blog said...

Tsuda san, I am sorry for my late reply...I think I have not logged on to my blog comments for ages.. just too busy with many many things...
I am so glad to receive your comment, the kit kat order looks so interesting :)