Monday, June 23, 2008

3 in 1 Kyoto trip with Jap friends

Last month, 2 of my friends in Japan organised a Kyoto eating, shopping and sightseeing trip for me. We enjoyed a good trip together. Thanks to Naoko and Harrue. It was a wondeful trip for me !
First destination is to treat the stomach first. We had Italian lunch in a Japanese style restaurant. http://mrmd.co.jp/misato/ This is a good restaurant, the food was good. My friend planned for this place because she thought is special to eat Italian meal in a traditional Japanese environment, I agree ! very special meal I had.
3 pretty gals, Chinese, Japanese , Korean! Perfect Picture ! ;)

Soup, oishi ! very delicious and special soup, sesame cream soup.

I like this appertiser too, taste good and with varieties !

Pasta. I only learnt to eat Pasta in Japan. haha I love Nihon ( Japanese) style pasta not the creamy or tomato paste pasta. Back home, I hardly eat Italian food , pizza once in a while. But that week itself, I have had like Italian meals continously for 3 days. First was with boss and colleague, then second day I didnt' know what to eat , end up with Italian again, then 3rd day Italian meal was planned by my friend ahead.

My friend had the cheese with wine. I dont' know how to appreciate this as I don't drink wine but I think must be cool, cheese and wine.

After lunch, we started our shopping trip. we passed by this temple. I have forgotten the name. We walked around and I took some pictures.

My friends took me to Nishiki Market .
I enjoyed walking around in the market, checking out interesting food and good.
I saw the 'pretty sweets' something like Chiaki gave to me before.

Haha small macha ice cream behind big macha ice cream. My friend suggested me to take the picture in this position. Macha ( green tea) ice cream is my all time favourite. Each time I go Kyoto, I must eat green tea ice cream ! If i see it, I sure eat when I go sightseeing.

After the market place, we headed to the jewellery shop http://www.iiivko.com/. This shop is my 2 friends favourite shop. I bought my lucky key chain in this shop, bought a pen and 2 paper clip.

From iiivko shop, we went to Yujiya(Kyoto comestics). Yujiya has chain stores only in Kyoto.

I bought a set of face oil blotter & lip blotter and a lip cream ( 柚子 flavour). I like this ! I will buy somemore when I go Kyoto !

Then we continued our journey to a old Japanese shop called Kazurasei which sells some interesting Japanese stuffs. On the way, we passed by a bridge and river, this area is called Sanjo-O- hashi.

This place was an 'Execution' place in the ancient times. Today, it became a lovers dating place. Can you see the couples sitting side by side across the river in the picture, they leave a specific room in between couples ? hehe... funny, from history and how it turn into present. My friend told me, the houses near this area is cheap because people still have the concept of 'ghost area'.

Here we arrived at Kazurasei shop. This shop was established in 1865. It sells many traditional Japanese style, hair clips, assessories for Kimono, perfurme. I saw some hair clip for kimono cost 1k USD to 2-3k USD. Amazing ! You may have a look of what this shop sells :http://www.kazurasei.co.jp/giontop.html
On my way back, we passed through this place, this type of old Japanese style shops are commonly seen in Kyoto but not in Osaka.

Passed by this flowers and attracted by its scent. Smell so refreshing !

My friend purposely took me to cross this street, it is a narrow street. This street is famous with Geisha. However, I dind't see any Geisha walking on the street at that time.

Lastly, my friend sent me back to Kyoto station. I had my dinner in one of the restaurant at the restaurant floor in ISETAN, Kyoto.

Interesting dinner set with lots of varieties. After dinner, I headed back to Osaka ! Wonderful trip !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Li Mei,

Welcome to Kyoto and thank you for linking to KyotoFoodie!

Are you enjoying Osaka?

KyotoFoodieのPeko

Li Mei 's first blog said...

Hi ,
May I call you Peko ?
You are welcome. You have a good website !
I am enjoy my Osaka stay very much, I think I love Japan ! food, people , and the place.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to visit my site!

I got to Osaka sometimes, but I don't know many good restaurants these days. Do you have any recommendations?

Li Mei 's first blog said...

HI,
Thanks for visiting my site too :)
Those restaurant in my blog , I think they are good. Sushi near Higobashi is really good, I met many locals there who told me is good sushi. For shabu shabu, I like Toritontei because the pork is special. I just came back from Shabu shabu tei near Hilton Osaka. This restaurant is also famous for shabu shabu. Last week, I went to Itoh dining for kobe beef, it was good too.

Purple~MushRooM said...

You have become Japanese... so much fun! Japan is so beautiful!

Purple~MushRooM said...

All the items you bought are so pretty. If me, I don't think I will use them... 不舍得用。

Li Mei 's first blog said...

Hi Purple,
Sorry I did not reply your message earlier as I stop blogging for a while, to busy and did not notice the comment.
hehe. ! yes those items are cute and nice , I am using the key chain now for my housekey in Japan. Summer sales just over, bought many things again , cannot resist and stop shopping ! hahaha
become Japanese ? hahaha tomorrow I am going to wear Yukata to see firework, so I will be Japanese for a night ! hahaha.. must not speak english or talking, then ppl cannot tell hehehe