Saturday, June 14, 2008

1st Practice of wearing Yukata


Last night, I did my first practice of wearing a yukata. I took yukata, himo( inside belt) and Obi(outside belt) out and also placed the manual in front of me then I started practise. hahahaha , this is how I looked with the first practise !

It is nothing near to perfect but at least I started right ? hahaha
The difficult part is because I am short so I got to fold more of the cloth in the middle , I cannot make it tidy and inline. The manual just said you make sure it is inline and tidy. I just need more practise and consult myJapanese friend.

Tieing the Obi into ribbon is another greatest challenge ! heehe I just simply tied something becuase I can't make it even I read the manual. My Japanese friend told me , there is ready folded ribbon, just need to attach. I think I wish to learn it. I saw the ribbon in other shop, quite expensive and i think it will take space in my luggage to bring a big ribbon back. hehehe. My friend will teach me how to tie the obi. I am happy with my first attempt and I think practise makes perfect ! You may see me wearing yukata in Malaysia next time !

4 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

U look good. I think you did well!! Well done!

Li Mei 's first blog said...

hahah thanks , not really , you are cheated from the picture ! I am suppose to learn the proper way ! I will learn this week, my friend will teach me how to tie the ribbon

Anonymous said...

What's the different in between yukata n kimono?


-sharon-

Li Mei 's first blog said...

Hi Sharon,
hmmmm Yukata is summer wear, Kimono is Winter wear. Yukata is from cotton material and you only wear single layer , you can wear by yourself. But Kimono could be like silk material and you need to wear a few layers and you need other people help to wear. In terms of price also, great difference. May be a Yukata costs 150- few hunreds but Kimono in thousands ( in RM)