Friday, March 20, 2009

Which Japanese name suits me ?どれ日本の名前がいいですか


Yesterday while I was having dinner, I suddenly thought of having a Japanese name.日本の名前がほしいです hehehe

My Japanese teacher will assign or give Japanese class student a Japanese name which will be used in the class. For example, if your Chinese character can be translated to Japanese then it is easier. If not , she will take longer time to think of one for you. I am not sure if teacher will give me one or may be because I stay in Japan for some times before, so I might prefer to choose one myself.


First in the list I thought of is Yuki. 雪 (snow)

Few Reasons :
1)I like to see yuki 雪!! When i first saw snowing in osaka although tiny snow, I was so happy !
2)I like cold weather !!
3)I was born in January (winter snowing times )
4)Yuki also sounds like Yuuki ( 勇気)which means courage, courages, something I have ? or had ? or something I always need to have.
5)Yuki sounds modern ! hehehe
6)Yuki has another kanji character of 幸 which has the meaning of happiness, good fortunehttp://www.20000-names.com/female_japanese_names_02.htm

Mum and my other friend suggested Kawaii ( pretty/cute) . There was a lady named Kawaii in the Hong Kong series we are watching so idea came from there. haha but I dare not use this name, difficult to carry this name... especially as times goes by kekeke

I tried to do a research online and found this website :
It is a good website which gives me ideas of what is the meaning of my Japanese friends' name.
I realised Mei is a Japanese name ?http://www.behindthename.com/name/mei-2
hmmm...

Many ideas in my mind .. hehehe since I like Doraemonどらえもん cartoon... should I use a gal character in the cartoon ? Shizuka 静香 meaning is quiet.hahahah...
For Japanese's lady name, I like one of my friend's name the most is Kumiko 久美子.. but I don't want to have the same name ....hehhehe..
While shopping with mum, saw a accessories shop by the name of Yumiko. So mum suggested to have the name of Yumi. I checked YUMI (由美): Japanese short form of names beginning with Yumi-, meaning "cause-beauty." hmmm... Yumi or Yuki ? hehehe...

It is just for the fun of having one Jap name may be used in Japanese class or...., I will keep considering and thinking..
Feel free to share your ideas with me too !!

No comments: