Thursday, August 21, 2008

Home-made Tamago Yaki

In June, I visited my good friend in Chieko in Kyoto. I was talking about I wondered how to make tamago yaki, I love 'tamago ' (egg) yaki and I also love Tamago sushi ! Chieko try to demostrate to me by doing a LIVE DEMO !

Main ingredients : Eggs . In this case , just a simple demo so we used 3 eggs. Add some salt, little sugar or soy sauce.

Beat the egg well to have a even and smooth texture.

First pour the egg in a pan, by right should use a special tamago flat pan. But for demo purpose to me, we used whatever we have.

When the first layer is done, roll it to the corner. Then pour second layer of the egg.

When second layer is almost done, roll it to the corner and pour in third layer.

You may keep doing as many layers as you wish, the thicknest of the tamago yaki depends on how many layers/ times you roll it and also depends on how much eggs you used.


Now roll the final layer.

This is how it looks like now !


Move the egg roll to the chopping board.

Use the paper to mould the egg roll in nicer shape and at the same times it will absorb the extra oil.

Cut it into pieces now.




Final output = Home-made tamago yaki !
Chieko told me the tamago yaki selling in sushi shop need additional ingredient which we don't have. But I appreciate her showing me the whole process and now I have a good idea how to make tamago yaki. I found a recipe about tamago yaki online which explains the exact ingredients :http://www.recipezaar.com/119558.

No comments: